CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Contributors

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Las Vegas Christmas

This was our first Christmas in Las Vegas since we've been married and we were excited to spend time with the Ringer side. It all kind of happened last minute because my married siblings ended up planning to go to their in-laws/stay home last minute so we figured this was a good time to do in-laws Christmas (and we'd go home to Kansas the Christmas after) so we quickly switched our plane tickets. But when my parents decided to take the remaining children to Disneyland for Christmas (again last minute) Nate and I figured out we could meet up with them for a few days after Christmas in Los Angeles...meaning we got to see BOTH families for Christmas! How lucky is that?!! (I mean with our parents living 18 hours apart, it's not something you'd normally get to do.)

The only bummer ended up being the weather. Brooklyn and I flew out Dec. 15 to Las Vegas to spend time with family (Nate's family, my sister, aunt, uncle and cousins) while Nate finished up finals. But after we left, that HUGE snowstorm hit (yes, that enormous record breaking storm that was all over the news) and Nate's flight, which was scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 19, got canceled TWICE. I tried to keep it together but I was really missing Nate by then and when he called the second time to tell me they rescheduled his flight, not for Sunday and not even for Monday but for TUESDAY...I burst into tears!! Right in front of my in-laws. Holy cow I was so embarrassed.

Could have been worse of course. Nate got to hang out at home instead of being stranded at some random airport and he was safe and warm which was the most important thing. And I was with family which of course was great. But needless to say, I was relieved and so excited to see Nate again (he ended up canceling his flight completely and rescheduling a new flight for Monday not Tuesday).

So once Nate was back, life was good again and the rest of our break was fantastic. We celebrated Nate's dad's birthday, got to spend time with my darling sister Hilary, went Christmas caroling with the James gang, experienced Uncle Syd's magic "hot and naughty" drink, went to "The Lion King" on the Strip with the Ringers (it was awesome!) and did spin and yoga classes with Michele and Hilary (love my gym buddies!).

Christmas Eve, Nate's mom gave us all matching pajamas. So fun!
My mom gave Brooklyn the cutest little "My First Christmas" hat with antlers and matching reindeer socks. This is Christmas morning - it's so funny because she totally has Nate's tired eyes. Nate's mom had this decorative basket with red balls that Brooklyn LOVED to play with. Brooklyn's first bike ride! So fun! This is one of the beautiful things about Christmas in Las Vegas - it's warm enough to wear a light jacket and go on a bike ride in the middle of the winter!

2 comments:

Michele Ringer said...

Remember how i totally made fun of matching pj's and then mom gave us some... opps! But now I love them. Never again will I hate on this cheesy tradition. Love you!!

Ringer said...

Nate and I were totally just talking about that...too funny. We miss you!